Friday 22 July 2011

Homeschooling Goals

have been trying to figure out how to get started on the whole idea of homeschooling. Being the first in my immediate family to do this, not feeling like I'm really capable of it, and thinking about all the work that is ahead of me just keeps me wanting to forget that its going to be time before I know it.

Rex just turned 2 in March and I need to get started at least thinking and researching all the different types of homeschooling and deciding which is the best for us to at least start out trying. Not to mention the fact that he needs to start learning now! He loves discovering things and play learning in so many ways and I know that I need to tap into that now and get started.

So in knowing that here are some of my personal goals to make it not so overwhelming.

  1. I'm going to write out why homeschooling is important to me and talk to the hubs about why he wants me to homeschool and I'm going to write out a vision statement for our family that we can review and revise as needed (at least each year make sure it is still working for us).
  2. I'm going to make sure that I'm setting good examples for Rex by reading more books and getting dirty with him while exploring things that are interesting to him. I want to show him that Mommy doesn't know everything but we can learn and figure it out together. 
  3. I'm going to start praying about homeschooling. I know I'm suppose to do it but I really need direction and comfort that I'm able to do it and I know that God will provide that for me.
  4. I'm going to make sure that I take every opportunity I can to teach Rex things. Whether it be while I'm cleaning or cooking or playing at the park. I want to make sure that I'm doing everything I can to make everyday moments teachable ones.
  5. Finally I'm going to relax and not stress about it. Homeschooling shouldn't be stressful. It should be fun! That's what I intend to make it!
Those are my simple goals that I want to complete by the end of the summer so we can get started on our pre-homeschooling this fall. Wish me luck and feel free to help me out! Give me ideas, links, your favorite places that might help me out!

No comments:

Post a Comment